1. Without the Resurrection… (1 Cor. 15:12-19)
a. Faith is Useless and Futile
b. We are Still in Our Sins
c. We are to be Pitied
2. Because of Christ’s Resurrection… (1 Cor. 15:20-28)
a. God will raise his people in the Second Coming
b. Death will be defeated
c. God will be “all in all”
3. Therefore, Live in Light of Christ’s Resurrection (1 Cor. 15:29-34)
a. Personal well-being and social status are no longer the highest goals (15:30-31)
b. Hedonism is a dead end (15:32)
c. Stay Awake to God’s Purpose and Evaluation of Our Lives
- What is one (or more) “hero game” by which you find yourself often measuring your value?
- How does the promise of new life in Christ, a genuine eternal life, free you from the games our
culture offers to us?